To create a poplist item, you need a VO which would display the values in the poplist. Lets say we want to display a poplist which would display the values "Yes", "No" in the poplist.
- Create a VO which would bring these values from the FND_LOOKUP_VALUES
Add this new VO to the main AM
- To use this VO, Create a new item in the Main Page with the Item Style as "MessageChoice"
- Item Id: EnabledFlag
- Select the appropriate data type
Picklist View Instance:.EnabledFlagVO1 (This is the instance which populates the values in the
Picklist Display Attribute: Meaning (This is the attribute from Poplist VO which would display
the value in poplist
Picklist Value Attribute: Code (This is the attribute value you would like to save in the database for
for the main page)
View Instance: This is the view instance of the Main Page from poplist item is being used.
View Attribute: This is the attribute which would hold the value we chose from the poplist.
- If you want to have a blank value displayed in the poplist, Set the "Add Blank Value" in the item properties to True.
- If you want to display a specific value initially in the poplist when page is rendered.
Set that value attribute in the "Initial Value" property.